From:
Judy May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 08:26:09 -0500
Even though Brock and Missy do not have any problems with tartar, I have
given them an occasional tartar control cat treat, mostly because they
really like them.  Upon hearing this, our vet recommended trying a food for
dogs called prescription diet canine t/d.  Apparently the food is engineered
to do a GREAT job at cleaning teeth.  But for ferrets, it could only be used
for treats since it does not provide full nutrition.

Well, they like it!  But that word prescription bothers me.  Why would a
tartar control food be prescription only?  Could there be disadvantages?
Has anyone else heard about this or tried the food?

Judy May       [log in to unmask]