From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 18:52:43 -0700
Hello all!

I just got home from a long day at work, and checked the email.  To my
surprise, I have a letter saying a donation is being made to my vet from the
SOS fund.  I am speechless.  Thank you all for caring about the shelters on
the list.

It amazed me with the Phoenix incident, and amazed me again in April when I
had the pregnant jill give birth and die with five of her kits (one is with
a surrogate mom, I pick him up Saturday - his name is Trooper, Semper Fi)
how the ferret community can rally and offer help, suggestions and
donations.  It is when I see how people care about these little guys that
gives me the strength to keep on running a shelter.

I have said it before, we all have different ways of doing things and want
what is best for the ferrets, we all can learn something from one another,
whether or not you realize it.  And when this group bands together, it is a
totally amazing, awesome thing.

Someone posted does everything have to be a debate?  Yes, it does, how else
can we learn from one another?

Now the cheap ferret toy.  Get a large box, and if you are lucky enough to
work where there is a shedder, use to shred paper.  Not newspaper, but white
paper, maybe that was used to print something on, or old computer paper.
Place in the box.  (Where I work, we get transmitters shipped in boxes
filled with white shredded paper)

Bring it home and then take the ferrets one by one and toss them into it.
(not from a far distance, just a few inches away) and watch them.  Yeah, it
makes a mess, but it is easy to clean up.

Love to all the fuzzies.  Thanks to all the people.

Jean & The Zoo Crew
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Home of Phoenix, the alleged "baby" biter &
Trooper, Semper Fi