From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:45:59 -0500
I found out tonight that despite my repeatedly saying that I am not a
vet that someone thought that I am but he thought that I wanted to keep
it under wraps.  Sorry, but I'm not.

What I have is just the level of knowledge any non-vet can acquire with
time and a pile of handy references like vet texts, nothing more.  Yes,
my background before was heavy in assorted biology stuff (esp. things
related to paleontology and primatology) but the ferret specific things
I learned later thanks to good resources and a lot of invested time.
There's no more than that to it.  The resources and references I often
recommend are some of the same ones I use myself.  There is no trick
to it.