From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 19:25:29 -0400
>From: Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on how to get ferrets to use a Tower of
>Fun?? I have 8 ferrets and 1 Tower of Fun (have had it for a few
>months now...) and I've only ever seen 4 of the ferrets use it and
>even then, they used it once and that was it. Some of them go in,
>go up so far and then just back out. ...
>
>~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael

Tammy, as you can see I have placed your post first ( which appeared
today) ( needing some assistance you needed regarding the Tower of Fun
which you purchased months ago. My response is below your post, as it
might be easier for others to see the difficulity that you are having
and then some of my suggestions.

                      ------------------

Tammy,

I am very sorry to hear that your ferrets do not seem to use the Tower.

I really wish you had contacted me personally, months ago when you
said the Tower was purchased. I looked thru all our Tower sales and
did not locate your purchase slip but it could have been overlooked,
but your ferrets are not being overlooked.

I would hope that you have checked the web site
http://www.ferrettower.com and looked through the purchasers reviews
where you could contact some of them directly to see if they had any
problems. You may get some responses to your post which would be a big
help also.

Have you tried just laying the Tower down on its side and let them get
used to running through it that way? That might be worth a try, as they
just might need to get used to it, as every ferret is different. Just a
suggestion for you.

What about putting some of their toys in it or something that is
familiar to them?

I find that like any other toy, just moving it into another room it
becomes new again although that does not seem to be the problem with
your situation.

I know that the shelters have been thrilled with the Tower and those
ferrets go through it non stop.

Because we are a shelter ourself - The Ferret Villa of Northern KY - we
are just not in a position to donate to all the Shelters that we would
like too, as we use the proceeds from our sales to purchase what the
shelter ferrets are in need of on both a physical and medical need,

If you find that the only alternative you have is to give it a way, I
do know that there are many shelters out there that would love to have
the donation of a Ferret Tower of Fun.

Since your email address is on your post, maybe they could contact you
directly, just in case the Tower does not work out for your ferrets.

Cindy