From:
Nathan and Heather Viles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 21:07:37 +0000
Actually, I think most people missed the point of my post.  It was not a
request for information on ECE.  It was not a question of stools.

To Recap for you:
1)Blasted a shelter operator (unnamed) for not warning me that I was walking
  into an ECE home, or that I was getting an ECE effected ferret.
      a)Took partial blame for not asking the shelter operator about ECE
      b)Warned other potential buyers/adopters to may sure they ASK.
2)Gave a little history of my ferrets (I love to talk about them)
3)Asked for information on testing ferrets, not actively showing symptoms
  of ECE, for exposure to ECE.
      a)ie Is there some way of finding out if they have had ECE without
        actually seeing them have it.
4)Summed up possible theories on the ECE status of my ferrets.
      a)All of my ferrets have had ECE already.
      b)None of my ferrets have had ECE already.
      c)Sam (with the seedy stools) has had ECE already, but the shedding
        period is past, and he has not infected my other ferrets.
5)I was hoping for input on my above mentioned theories.
      a)How likely each might be.
      b)Stories of similar circumstances.
      c)Discussion of possible shedding periods of the virus.
           1> I have heard anywhere from 2 Months to over a year.
           2> I don't figure anyone has a precise number.

I hope that clears up any confusion.  And I look for ward to interesting
discussions.

Nathan Viles

<doesn't like to dwell on the NJ situation because it upsets him>
--
Heather and Nathan Viles
(Heather) [log in to unmask]