From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:20:40 -0700
This past Friday, we had to say good-bye to our dog Kenya after she
somehow ruptured two disks in her lover back and couldn't walk. She was
a great dog, and very gentle and forgiving of the ferrets...and will be
missed! However, due to the breeds health issues (Weimeraner) we have
decided to look for something smaller. The wife was thinking about a
mini Collie, or something like that.

What I was wondering, is what breed of dogs do others in the FML family
have around their ferrets. I know what types to avoid, but not so much
about what breeds are really good around the weasels. The dog needs
to be very gentle and understanding, since our ferrets are all "free
roam". Our last two dogs, Bear was 16 when he left, and Kenya both were
very tolerant of the weasels, up to the point where they would nose
their way through Bear's shaggy fur just to bite his feet. :) Kenya
would only become vocal when they would climb over her to get
somewhere.

Any good input on puppy choice is welcomed!

Thanks

Jim Kennedy, Director
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from