From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 15:59:22 -0700
Someone (I don't remember who) made the statement a couple issues ago,
"Pandas are often deaf", and this got me thinking.  I have raised Australian
Shepherds for about 15 years or so, and there is a genetic defect (Ocular
Disgenesis Factor, sp?) that is seen in dogs born predominantly white,
especially those with pure or nearly pure white heads, which includes
deafness and may also include blindness.  So anyway, I got to thinking that
maybe there could be a similar *problem* in Ferrets?  I don't know, I'm not
any kind of geneticist, just a thought.

The other night I decided to let my 12wk kitten in the house with Katie
loose and see what would happen.  WOW!!  Katie immediately started DOOKING
out loud!  She has never done this before.  She dooks quietly sometimes when
she is happy about something (like a special treat), but never so you can
hear her across the room!

Then She started jumping on Marbles' back and attacking her ears, biting her
neck, doing the rattlesnake shake with her tail, and war dancing all around
her!  Marbles was swatting back (NO claws) and switching her tail madly,
having a great ole time!  I finally thought to grab my video camera, but by
the time I got it they had had enough and Katie had wandered away.  DRAT!!!
Oh well, it was great to see, and really makes me ready for Ferret Math to
strike!

For the person who asked how to get a Kit to calm down.......... Wait about
a year!!! It's that simple.

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at You Kit!"