From:
Tricia Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:15:25 GMT
Hello all,
I have not been on this list long, but I would like to mention how
wonderful it is to have a resource of so many people who are ferret wise.
It's really helping me out a lot.

Currently I have a question:
I have my three girl ferrets: Bella, Shirley, and Kayla.  I also have a
dog, Sassy, a daushound/pomeranian cross I have had Sassy for many years,
and my girls have just come to me in the past year.  They've been where
Sassy could see and smell them for well over six months, and I've been
trying to get her acclimated (sp?) to them, but it doesn't seem to be
working.  She's terrified of them.  They, on the other hand, have
absolutely no fear of her (naturally).  I have to control playtimes so that
the dog and the ferrets aren't in the same room at the same time, to avoid
one of my little dookers getting nipped by my terrified dog.  Does ANYONE
have any suggestions on how to get the dog less afraid of the ferrets??

And, while I'm asking questions:
Does anyone know of a ferret wise veterinarian in the Delaware/otsego
counties of NY?  The one I've been using out of desperation is definately
not going to be any good in an emergency.

And my beautiful Bella has swollen lymph nodes....and the hair on her tail
is falling out more....I can't afford surgery, but I'm pretty sure she's
got adrenal (the vet didn't even know the symptoms)...and he didn't want
to do any further diagnostics...I NEED a better vet!

Thanks all for your help!

Sincerely,
Tricia
and her three girls Bella, Shirley and Kayla