From:
Shawn Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:21:02 -0700
Here is the response from Verizon I got; note that this response took
less then one business day to get!

Dear Shawn Richardson,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless Office of the President
regarding our Mobile Messenger commercial.  As we continually make
earnest efforts to evaluate the service we provide, customer feedback
is of utmost importance.

This commercial was intended to be a humorous spot advertising our Mobile
Messenger product highlighting a popular pet.  The commercial was in no
way intended to offend the ferret community.

On behalf of Verizon Wireless please allow me to extend our sincere
apologies.  Please write to us again through www.verizonwireless.com
if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Jerry S. Ext. 7746
Verizon Wireless
Executive Relations Lead Coordinator

I specifically wrote that I wanted the commercial taken off the air and
wanted to know the progress of this act.  Of course, everything was
polite that I wrote.  Do the responses we have been receiving seem to be
cut from the same mold without much care to reword them to make it seem
that we and our concerns were given special interest?