From:
"Morris, Paula" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:33:00 -0600
Dear friends, I seem to recall someone saying that they had trouble with
food going bad and effecting their ferts adversely when left out too long.
Fannie and Fidget never empty their bowl.....I don't think I would want
them to because it would mean they had not had food available for a time.
I add fresh food every morning and start all over a couple times a week.

Makes me wonder......Is that enough?  Does their food get stale and taste
bad (like chips or cereal)?  The penny pincher in me doesn't like to throw
out expensive ferret food, but I want my girls to enjoy their food and I
certainly don't want bad food to harm them.  Please let me know your
thoughts on this.

On another note, I have replaced the kid's rice with top soil (the sterile
kind from a bag).  Didn't have another box when the idea struck so they
won't have rice for a while.  I don't think they miss it tho.......they
seem to like the dirt more and the lid with the ferret-sized hole keeps
them from kicking dirt all over the place.  The down side is their
disappointment when they find they can't reach China, but then they're off
to something else anyway.

Best wishes for all the sick fuzzies. My heart is daily with my FML
friends who have lost a little one........

Paula....and Fannie&Fidget