From:
amanda siemens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:32:10 -0500
>From: Lynda Galloway
>Subject: Canadian Cages, etc.
>
>YIKES!!!!!!!!  Yes Amanda, cages are expensive here in St. Catharines.
>I'm just curious, What did you do with the two cages you had after you
>sold Dante?  If you remember I offered to give Dante a forever home
>because he had been tossed around a few times already and you sold him to
>someone who answered your classified ad?  I understand we bond closely
>with our ferrets but you only had Dante forty days before you sold him.  I
>hope you are looking at long term with any future furkids.  I did buy one
>of the ca ges you mentioned, and also after much searching found Totally
>Ferret Food and a vet in a city near by that does treat ferrets.  It is
>difficult in Southern Ontario to find the best but my furkids deserve it.
>Lynda

Look, the situation I was in was not ideal.  The person who gave me Dante
(unexpectadly) gave him (I found out) because he was a biter and she
couldn't control him.  She KNEW I had a new baby so this was irrisponcable
of her.  So why did I accept the ferret, would you rather I didn't so she
could leave him to die in a feild with her other 4 ferrets?  And I met
with the woman who took Dante several times before she took him and I
thought she was responcable.  Sorry if I wasn't psychic and somehow 'knew'
she would just dissapear of the face of the earth.  As for the cages, I
sent them with Dante!  I am tired of being judged for this!  I saved that
ferrets life by taking him into my home.  I had a 3 monthold child so tell
me, was I supposed to keep my child in a cage so Dante could run free all
day, or keep Dante in his TINY cage ALL day long?  Which one of those
options would have been more "correct" in your terms?  I did what I
thought was best.  I simply could not have a ferret at that time of my
life and I will not appologize for taking him in in the first place, I
don't know, maybe you think I should have let him die?  It KILLED me to
give up Dante I LOVED him, I loved him too much to see him locked in his
cage all day!  Sorry I didn't give Dante to you, If I had it to do over I
would have, then Iwould know how he's doing.  But I did the best I could
at the time.  PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES, even you!  So stop dragging me through
the mud for something that hurt enough on its own!  And now my son is
older, and he will be our ONLY child so we have plenty of time now for a
couple ferrets, who can be out of their (BIG) cage as much as they'd like.
I know that people get worked up for the love of fuzzies, but I love them
too!

Amanda.
Deal not in the ways of the dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good
with ketchup.