From:
Gosia Pasternak-McMurry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:02:26 -0000
Hi

Our 3 year old ferret has just been seen by a vet and we are in utmost
distress.  She has liver enzyme changes in her blood and her white blood
cell count is low.  The vet suspects a liver or pancreatic tumor.  We are
unsure of what we should do now.  On one hand we don't want her to suffer,
but on the other we don't want to say goodbye to her just because she is
sick.  We would greatly appreciate any ideas from people who might have had
somethig similar happen with their loved pets.  Mufu (that is her name) has
been losing a lot of weight, she eats a lot of fruits and vegetables as if
she needed some nutrients from them, she has been very unrestful and
actually bit me a couple of days ago.  Apart from that she supposedly has a
little bit lower blood sugar than normal.She doesn't drink more than usual
but she eats less than before, although as I said she craves veggies and
fruits.  Please let me know if you have any ideas what we should do now.
We need your help.

Gosia McMurry
and sick Mufu and Alfie who is fine and is sad for his sister