From:
Northern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:11:15 -0700
I decided to do the surgery on Bruno and I maybe regretting my decision.
It turns out the tumor was on the right adrenal and it was large.
Normally they would have done a resection of the vena cava but in this
case the Doctor did a permanent occlusion of the vena cava to remove
the tumor.  They also aspirated the prostate again and I do believe he
mentioned that he sewed the prostate to the meatus so it could drain.
This was done on Tuesday.

Wednesday he popped some stitches and had to go back under to be
re-stitched.  2x within 24 hours is not good.  Today I was told that he
had to be put into the incubator to raise body temp back to normal and
there is leakage coming from the incision that might be urine.  A dye
test would be done later today to see if it is.  If it were then a
catheter would be inserted to make sure in drained properly and then
removed after the bladder had healed.  I know that ferret penises and
catheters don't do well together.

The Doctor talked about maybe sewing his bladder abdominal wall so it
would drain out that way permanently.  If this is the case I may ask
them
to put Bruno down.  He is not eating and they told me he was in pain.  I
told the Doc I was a nurse and that pain control was number one priority
for our patients and please let it be for my ferret also.

Well that's it.  I m on my way to the vets to bring in Bruno's favorite
food to see it they can get him to eat.  I will not let my little guy
suffer and quality of life weighs on me as much as quantity of life.

Thanks for listening.
M.Northern