From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 05:04:49 -0800
After my ealier post, I went surfin the internet for anything ferret
related.  I decided to read an article on Marshall farms, which had a link
that led me to PETA's list of products that DO and DONT test on animals..
I WAS AMAZED and saddened, because several of these products I use myself.
THOUSANDS of beagles and ferrets that go towards testing, come from
marshall farms alone, I am HAPPY to have my little store bought MF
ferret..as I have stated before I will never again support a pet store that
sells ferrets, unlesss the poor thing is living in such deplorable
conditions, if such a time occurs I will either educate the owner..or save
the poor thing.  But can anyone tell me why Shick (sp) or Bic for that
matter need to test on animals..what do they do..shave them and then burn
them?????

I dont know if there is alternatives to animal testing..and I dont know if
there is anyway to 100% boycott companies who practice such things.  We all
have occasionally and or continually used/use the products I saw on the
list, I know of very few people who are 100% aware of which products do
and dont animal test.  The list for the companies that dont was quite
extensive, with, to me, only a handful of recognizable brand names.

So I guess the bottom line is read the lable..old habits are hard to break,
but I am willing to switch from my expensive animal tested hand cream to
Avon, because if in my life I can make a difference to one ferret or beagle
or rat or monkey..I will feel a little better..Yes, I understand there is a
flip side to this subject..animals used for medical research,,I am not a
doctor or scientist, I have no solution, BUT COME ON, animal testing done
for makeup??!!!  what do they do..feed it to them?, apply it in moderate
amounts?!!

Just my thought for the day.
June and Chandler, "No mom, blue eyeshadow IS NOT my color"

[Moderator's note: Let's not start an animal testing debate here.  Please
keep any responses directly relevant to ferrets -- general animal rights
posts (and this comes VERY close) are not acceptable for the FML.  BIG]