From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 13:03:43 EST
Hi I am not sure I ever posted this because I have been so busy with them
and others, but just before X-mas I rescued 10 ferrets from a cage in the
middle of 2 feet of snow.  I quess the kids did not want the ferrets when
they left for college and left them with the parents who did not want to
care for them and stuck them in a cage outside, no food or water.  I was
called with the tip and went to the place and the ferrets were turned over
with no argument.  They were freezing naturaly and very thin.  They were
thrilled to be at my house and most of them curled up in front of our heat
vents and did not move much they love it there still.  I have sleep sacks
in front of the heat vents ( ferrets can not get into them they are very
proofed) and ferrets love to warm there buns there.  One little girl did
die unfrotunatley she was to fargone.  But the rest to date are doing very
well, they eat so good and as each one gets to a certain point i hope to
have homes for them.  One went yesterday and I have a 4 year old chocolate
male who has done so good , he eats like a horse an dis ready for a foster
home if anyone in Colorado would like this boy.  Plus a 8 month old sable
female who seems ready to find someone to adopt her.  If anyone is
interested please contact Ferrets Etc.

Thanks all take care and Happy New Year may it be warm and safe for all
Gods creatures!!

Stephanie