From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:08:00 -0500
[Moderator's note: Where I was able to do so I have relaxed the length
and per-person post limit for today since it is a light day and some of
the posts are Holiday related.  BIG]

I, like many shelters, rely on people to help me run my shelter.  This
year, I had a few more people jump on board.  A shelter can only survive
with public support.  This year, my "Little Ole Shelter" had $14,875
in just medical bills alone.  Of that amount, I currently only have a
balance of approximately $3900.00!  So this is my first thank you:

To Everyone on These Lists- Thank you for supporting me, reading ALL my
posts, purchasing stuff on ebay and from my web page, Reading all my
posts, and most of all, all the Secret Santa's who took the time out of
their lives to purchase some wonderful gifts for the ferrets in my
shelter who are overcoming some huge medical issues.  Without the public
support.......the nice letters of encouragement and all the purchases, I
would not be able to continue to do what I do.  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
Oh did I say, READING ALL MY POSTS!  Thank You!

Thank You To my Husband And Family- Wayne, for allowing me to run this
shelter, not divorcing me after I racked up a $14,000 medical tab, and
for your behind the scene loving on all the ferrets who come through our
doors.  My children, who have to be patient everytime we want to go some
place while Mommy tends to the shelter.  For the endless amount of trash
and litter you have to carry to the back of our property or the 1000's of
bags of woodpellets you have to carry in from the garage.  I am blessed
this Christmas to have one of the greatest husbands in the world and 4
wonderful children!  I don't need anything else this Holiday Season.

To the Ferrets In my shelter-Thank you for the endless amounts of kisses
you give me and the comic relief everyday from your antics.  For all
the Highs and Lows of sheltering.  For allowing me to scoop your poop
everyday (oh man, I think they have taken over my mind!) Today, I got 32
little kisses and that was the best Christmas Present!  To see them enjoy
all the treats and gifts people sent to them is amazing.  They know where
each gift comes from.....the smart buggers!  And to all the angels who
came through my doors and spent their last days in my arms.  I am truly
blessed to have known you even if it was for a short bit of time.  May we
meet again some day in a place far, far away where the health issues
which effect ferrets, will not be present!

To Caryn and Lisa- Caryn, you help me so much with doing the shelter.
Holidays, weekdays, weekends and if I get sick!  I can always count on
you to help me with the shelter on days I just don't feel like doing it
alone.  Pooper Scooper Extraordinaire you are!  You can sift a pan like
no one else!  Lisa-for being my chief nail clipper, ear cleaner and
Athletic Director!  The ferrets LOVE when Auntie Lisa comes and takes
them for walks!  And for all your support and getting some wonderful
adoptive parents for the ferrets!

You guys are also my best supporters, helping me out at Fundraisers and
shows.  I could never do this all without you two!  I can pack a trailer
tight and you guys never complain (with the exception of Lisa when that
darn display piece gets tangled into the cages).And also for going on the
endless trips to Phila for surgeries.  GO EASY PASS!

To Jen and Archie-Being my support system in Baltimore.  Thank gosh I
answered your post about babysitting and by a long shot, you took me up
on my offer.  You guys are two of the kindest people I know, you have
hearts of gold and I am grateful everyday, that we met.  Thank you Jen
for your long distance love affair with Murphy.  I know how much he loved
you...........

To Marcy T.- For being my social skills director and teaching biting
ferrets, that life is wonderful and you don't have to take a chunk out of
everyone who wants to pick you up!  You have a wonderful way with ferrets
and you are going to make a wonderful vet!  Keep up the great work!  My
Ferret Whisper You!

To Sandy G from Texas- For supplying me with the best bedding in the
world.  My ferrets sleep on her bedding and I sell it on my table at the
shows.  I hope someday to meet you in person!  I enjoy our email chats
and promoting your wonderful workmanship!  You also donated the hit toy
of the Holiday season, the crinkle sack tunnel.  They go bonkers over
this toy!  It is so funny!  I will get some photos for you!

To Rose G.-Another wonderful bedding maker who has done many fundraisers
over the internet for me and my shelter!  These Auctions helped to make
some much needed payments on my vet bill.  Your generosity which you show
to alot of shelters, does not go unnoticed!  THANK YOU-THANK YOU!

To Michelle and her Family-You started out as adoptive parents, and have
by the end of this year, become a wonderful friend!  I can't thank you
ENOUGH for all you do for my shelter, the donations, the sewing, the
allowing us to come to your house to see all YOUR animals!  I am so glad
to have met you!  I look forward to many more years of sharing bargains
with each other!!!!!  And our Families getting together!

To Becky C- For adopting ferrets from me, being a wonderful friend and
support person, and purchasing all that stuff from me!  You are super!
You are like the Official Toy Tester for my crochet inventions!

To Chris M from WV- You and your husband also came here to adopt, and
have become one of my family!  I look forward to all your visits when you
come to PA, and all the updates on the girls and their antics.  I still
think you need to write a book!  It will be the #1 seller!  And for
fostering Snow and Cinder.  You opened your heart and home to two girls
who would have stayed here for the rest of their lives.  Now they have a
place to call home!

To Jessie M.- For helping me with hard medical cases, helping with ears
and nails, and for being Jessie!  Your knowledge is wonderful and I
appreciate every single piece of advise you give to me!  For supplying me
with blood donors when my boys could not give, and loving Murphy at the
Christmas Party in Phila.  I know that meant so much to him to spend his
last hours playing Santa Paws and handing out the gifts.  And for
adopting the "special case kids" from me.  Including the WILD EXPRESSO!

To Patty Ferret- for being a great friend and taking my children's photos
all the time.  By having their photos in the AFA magazines, that means so
much to a mother.

And for taking the last couple photos of my Murph-man before I had to say
goodbye!  That means so much to me!  And for being Cam'ron's mommy!

The AFA- This organization has given my kids so much in the way of
self-esteem.  Everyone has been so nice to them.  Scarlett, Kay, Vickie,
Sally, Ann, Tara (just to name a few), have shown my kids that they can
succeed with showing and they really look up to you guys.  They are so
excited when show time comes around, and I am thankful to be able to set
up at all these shows, make some much needed money for my shelter and
have a wonderful weekend of memories for my children.  The ribbons will
fade in time, but the memories you guys help to create will remain with
them for the rest of their lives!  If you have children, considering
showing at an AFA show.  You won't regret it!

Thank you Everyone!!!  These words will never be enough to let everyone
know how much you guys mean to me.  My Christmas wishes have all come
true.  I have a wonderful support system which extends across the USA,
and what more does one need!

A Very Thankful........
Marguerite from TinyPrints Ferret Rescue

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store