From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:11:33 -0400
One of my chores as a co-moderator of the Ferret Health List is to carry
over a sampling of posts of vets and other experts to the FML where a
wider audience can learn from them, thus helping a larger number of
ferrets and ferret people.  Bill Gruber very kindly makes this possible.

Because of the common sense -- and complete lack of rudeness (hint,
hint ;-) ) -- in past notes of a friend of mine I try to not burden
people with huge numbers of repetitions of posts which are similar
because those topics are so available in many places, though at times
I do throw in some on basic topics for those new to ferrets.

Anyway, these are carried over, and I simply don't have the time to
send your comments back to the original posters.  Some of those whose
posts who will will see will be wonderful vets like BW (Bruce Williams,
veterinary pathologist whose website and articles are also treasures
for ferret people), JM (Jerry Murray, veterinarian, who also is doing
research into some endocrinological problems of ferrets), and RH (Ruth
Heller, veterinarian, who will probably be embarrassed when I mention
that she does a lot of charitable work for some shelters and she teaches
so many), as well as other people who also are truly exemplary.

So, enjoy and learn!