From:
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:24:00 -0400
Wow, what a strange week.  Zakk is back at the shelter.  Zakk is the
Doberman who thinks he's a ferret.  Mommie found him a nice home and they
picked him up on Sunday afternoon.  By evening, auntie Amy got the call
that a family member of Zakk's new parents had fallen very ill and they
had to fly out to Edmonton and had no where for Zakk to stay.

So, Zakk is back here for the next week or so.  That was very hard on
mommie as now she has to give him up a second time.

Auntie Paige and mommie are getting psychic together.  On the weekend, we
took in a little girl from Windsor who was in extreme heat.  So badly that
she's lost all the hair around her vulva and tail.  She also appears to
have been attacked by another animal (possibly rats).  Anyway, when mom
took her to the vet on Monday for her spay, she named her Pandora.  When
she told auntie Paige that, she freaked out saying she has been calling
her Pandora since she came in!

Since Lucky and Joy were adopted, I haven't had anyone to play with.  So,
this week, I played with Carla who is now spayed and ready for adoption.
Her and I get along great.  She is so pudgy and sweet.  I hope she gets a
good home.

Mommie was able to convince a nice young couple to keep their ferret this
week too.  They have a kit and she was biting.  Mom showed them around the
shelter and told them a lot of the horror stories and the lady cried and
said she felt she wasn't giving her ferret a chance.  Her ferret will be
enrolled in Auntie Paige's biting school and they will keep her.

We did however take in a few other ferrets who are all very sweet.  River &
Haydrian are both under a year and a lot of fun to watch.  Fizgig is also
under a year and she's very active.

Only about 3 more weeks to Ferrets 2000.  Looking forward to seeing you
there.

Love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society Ferrets 2000 Conference
http://www.ferretaid.org
Subscribe to the Ferret Aid e-list at

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!