From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:27:46 -0700
I received this beautiful letter from Lizzi,many of you old timers will
remember her sweet posts of her little Fang.When he passed,it broke my
Heart,tho i only knew Lizzi from her posts.I wrote her and we have been
close in Heart friends for the past 3 yrs...

Jan,thank you for your question about your lil boy following you around.
You stirred something common in all ferret mommy & daddys.A LOVE that
will never be explained..nor need it be.

Thank You.
Love, Tara

Nothing is different for your friend, lizzi, as when I read your letter
re: ferret who follows her, the tears silently flowed down my cheeks.
Nothing will ever change or take away the love I shared with Little
Fang;; it left me PERMANENTLY altered; the gift of bonding with beady
eyes and a soul so precious that it had to be God sent.  This is the gift
that has bonded ALL of us together, and I am so thankful that I have
experienced it.

Just yesterday I brought my copy of the book, Ferrets for Dummies, into
our local pet store to LEND to a an employee...a high school boy who
bought one of the ferrets in the store.  In July, I am babysitting a
friends two ferts; she is bringing the huge cage out to my house to have
them for 11 days.  Perhaps after they are returned to her, I will make
the big decision to get another.  Fang has been gone for three years...
we are getting our Golden Retriever puppy July 24, so don't know for
sure if I should wait til he is trained and in control.....THEN maybe
it would be the perfect time to get a ferret.  When we got Fang, our
golden was aging and couldn't take the rough play from Fang; maybe a
young, but controlled puppy would make a good playmate and friend for a
little Fert.  Just need be sure the ferret wouldl not get harmed in any
way.......these are all my concerns.....not biggies, but real.

love you Tara, and thank you for sharing with me.  Please always remember
that I want to know what is going on in the FML.  Not the usual learning
process all new Fert owners go through on the FML. (as I did), but
anything you think I would like to hear about.  Just llike this letter
you sent... now I am sad and gonna go practice my drums for band.  That
always helps lift my mood.