From:
Rick White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:18:40 EDT
>I think that it would be nice if the IFC opened it up to discussion on
>the FML as to the location for the 2007 event.
>
>The east coast would like one !!!!!... There are many places that could
>host it.

Yes, there are many "Great Places" to hold the next Symposium.  Before
we go back to the East or Northeast, I really think Portland, Oregon on
the West Coast or San Antonio, Texas in the Southwest are both excellent
choices.  Both Air Terminals are centrally located, Hotels and Meeting
Facilities are readily available.  Both are Ferret Friendly.  Both have
local delectable cuisines.  Both have Ferret Rescue/Shelters close by.
Both have very good Zoos and other attractions to visit.

Winters in San Antonio are traditionally mild to cool.  Spring in San
Antonio along the River-Walk is spectacular and the Alamo (birthplace of
Texas Independence) is two blocks from the river.  The "Mission Complex"
is internationally known and is part of the National Historic Parks
sites.The SA zoo is located between the Airport and Downtown area.

Portland is very suitable for summer and Fall events and has many great
sites to visit.  Someone from Portland can describe the available
attractions there much better than I.

How about, "Portland in 07" and "San Antonio in 08"?  Prior planning will
draw more local Veterinarians, RVTs and Vet-Techs for CE-Credits to those
areas.  Area Rescue and sheltering personnel can be closer to their
facilities if necessary to leave for an emergency.  The large local
ferret owner base may attend these area symposiums, where many could
never attend due to time and travel restrictions placed on them at
home and work.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Dooks and Blessings,

Richard E. White Treasurer - SAFE