From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:13:39 -0800
It was a simple post-it note.  Somehow it got knocked off the desk and lay
innocently on the floor.  I meant to pick it up-really, I did!  And had I
known the commotion it caused...I would have picked it up!  I swear I would
have!  NOT!!

The yellow post-it note lay silently on the floor-bothering no one-then
along comes Einstein!  He got one of those ferrety itches...the kind that
has to be scratched hard and fast!  In the middle of the blissful scratch...
he rolled over onto the post-it!  It stuck!  He didn't seem to notice and
since the itch had been satisfied, he started across the room to see what
Tyson was doing!  What happened next happened so fast...Hope saw this
stranger attacking her buddy and with a bottlebrush tail (bigger than her
own body), she takes a flying leap at Einstein in an attempt to free him
from the clutches of the evil yellow beast!  Einstein-not having a clue
what Hope is doing-rolls around with her, thinking it's a game!  Somewhere
in the midst of the roll, the post-it detaches from Einy and sticks to
Hope!  I have never heard Hope cluck and dook so loudly...or seen her jump
so wildly!  She was being devoured by the evil yellow beast and couldn't
escape!!!  Along comes Tyson...I'm sure drawn in by the fracas!  If someone
is bothering his little girl-they'd better be running cause Tyson don't
take no guff off no one!  More rolling and jumping and dooking occurred and
the next thing I knew....the yellow post-it had stuck to Tyson!!  By this
time I was reduced to tears!  This went on another 10 minutes or so as they
each took turns wearing the post-it!  Finally exhausted, and the yellow
beast defeated, all three headed for the water bowl..then the hammock!  The
best part of this happened the next day when I told my daughter what had
happened and to show her...I stuck a post-it on Hope!  She turned around....
looked at it...and knocked it off and went on her merry way!  My daughter
said, "Sure, Mom...whatever!"  Guess ya had to be there the first time!

=====
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope, and Einstein

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure
of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow