From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:50:08 -0500
Howdy all,

We were blessed with several donations to our shelter account at our
Veterinarian clinic so yesterday (Monday) I took in 4 of our babies
for their Lupron implants. The first two "once overs" and injections
went routinely. Then it was Dot's turn.

It is with a heavy heart I have to tell the group that wee little Dot
(Giving Tree '08, page 40) has been diagnosed as having Lymphoma. She
has 4 pea sized tumors; two just under her jaw hinge and two behind her
back leg knees; and her right eye is starting to weep & bulge. Dr. F
thinks it may be from cancerous tissue building up in her sinus'.
Because of this she didn't receive her Lupron. Dr. F has her on Pred
twice a day, hoping to shrink, or at least slow down the growth. I've
also started her on graviola. At this point we will try what we can
without causing her any undue stress or pain. She is still a happy
little girl, has a great appetite and runs up & down the hallway like
she is an hour late for a very important meeting. I am heart broken.
She is such a darling little spit fire. I didn't "tell" her she's ill
and I've removed her from the list of adoptables, moving her over to my
personals. I refuse to have a fur baby cross without having a forever
home, even if it's here with me. It's the least I can do for them. She
knows she is loved & cherished.

Please keep our Dot in your prayers.

Debbie Saunders
Director, Big Lick Ferret Shelter & Hospice

"I'm not suffering from Alzheimer's, I have ferrets..."
D. Saunders

"If you can't afford the Vet, you can't afford the pet!"

http://www.biglickferretshelter.org
http://www.starcityferrets.mysite.com/
http://www.myspace.com/starcityferretclub