From:
Judy Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 11:05:16 -0500
Hi everyone again i have been reading the FML for a couple of weeks and one
thing i don't understand is why there is so much bad talk about the fact
that the shelters charge a adoption fee everyone who has ferrets know there
is alot of different expeneses and that is if they are healthy there is even
more for extra stuff for the ones that are sick and the people that run
these shelters put alot of hard work in all of them.  For example think
about this way you had your ferret for awhile and you have to get rid of it
how would you feel all the ferrets in a shelter are ferrets that have had a
rough road and the people that run these shelters get attached to them just
like we all do and then have to give them up they know they are going to a
good home but still it hurts.And for example we just adopted a cat for $45
we did not complain at all this cat was abandon and this lady worked alot
with her.  I think all this is just another example of everyone wants
something for nothing You know it's different when some says i spent $800.00
for a pair of cats.ok does this mean they have a wonderful home not really
you may find them dumbed somewhere.  These ferrets have to have a good home
wwhen they are adopted out they have had a really time so far and No one can
afford for them to e back in the same thing they were in before the shelter
they might not make it this time.I have 4 ferrets and has spent as much as
120.00 for one of mine and then the vet on top of that and i'm sure there
are others that have spent more but the bottom line is people that run
shelters for ferrets are not wrong for asking for a fee it's only right even
if they have the best of home it's still they have invested alot of money
and if you have to pay $45 dollars of that then what's wrong with that?I
know there is alot of work in taking care of my four and if everyone was to
think how much work ggoes into their own then times that by sometimes 50
then you might see alittle light on how much is being done and these people
don't get a regular check each week so if you went to work and didn't get a
check every week would you still do it ????well they do and then when they
are asking for a fee they get slamed i think everyone needs to think alittle
bit on this I myself think they are wonderful people they have a hard job.
but i think they need our support instead of being yelled at and if they
wanted to they could ask for everything back they spent on that ferret to
get them to be health but they don't they just want a small fee to help with
that cost.  I know everyone has there own voice about this but i think they
need to think about it.

Judy
Tiger>i know i cann check all this out !!
Spkie> i know i can hid the cat's toy before they catch me
Noles>I have to get up no way
Bear>time to wake up everyone