From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:17:59 -0500
We purchased two of the $9.95 plastic mesh baby gates from WalMart.  We
drilled out the pop rivets that hold on the plastic bumpers on one end of
each gate and bolted the two gates together to make one wide one.  (Save
the bumpers in case you ever need to separate them.)  To make the mesh
ferret proof, I covered both sides of the mesh with clear Contact paper
(vinyl).  A really determined ferret with untrimmed nails can eventually
shred the vinyl enough to get through.  Watch your fuzzies with the gate
for awhile until you find out if you have any of those persistent ones.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home