Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:36:55 -0400
I own two iguana's and also have two ferrets.  I never let them intermingle!
My husband and I always wash our hands well before handling our fuzzies.
However, I have a question that no one has answered.  My iguana's have
playtime out of their cages just like my fuzzies do(at separate times).
If my iguana is crawling on the same floor and the same furniture that
my fuzzies do, is that a problem?  We live in a small 2 bedroom apt. and
cannot separate play spaces.  No one has gotten sick with samonella
symtoms.  Several people I know let their iguana's have free roam of the
house all the time with other animals as well and have never had a problem.
Please let me know if anyone out there can help me on this.

            Donna