Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:12:23 -0800
I am sorry about your ferret, Cynthia!!

One of our guys had this happen too. Luckily there was a hammock next
to the ladder, so his foot did not get broken, but it got nerve damage
from no circulation. Many others of mine have been trapped and gotten
broken toes in various ways due to the shelves and ramps prior to duct
taping everything.

All FN needs to do is come out with a new shelf system that is all
plastic. How hard is that!? It works for Super Pet.

I would suggest that anyone who loves their ferrets not invest in a new
ferret nation. There are simply too many broken toes, deaths, and close
calls I have experienced and heard of regarding these "wonder cages".
Yes they are easy to clean. But I wish I had never got rid of my
Midwests. No one ever suffered a death or broken toes or legs in them.
FN just keeps selling these deathtraps. I know, I'm being "harsh",
right? Well, they have said nothing about a redesign of their shelves
or ramps. That is all it would take. At one point they mentioned some
sort of cover for the part where the ramp meets the cage, but nothing
ever came out.