Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 09:49:28 -0600
Hello to all, just wanted to pass on a reminder to all fuzzy owners out
there about a lesson I was just reminded of this morning.

Early this morning I was up getting ready for my summer college class, and
had let out my fuzzy, Hobbes, to run around.  When I went to leave, I tried
to find Hobbes to put him in his cage ( I don't want to get in to a debate
over cages) and I couldn't find him.  After searching all the usual spots
for napping or just plain hiding, I gave up the search and went to school.

When I returned home, I continued the search for Hobbes.  After a half hour
of destroying the apartment, I really started to get worried.  I live in a
one bedroom apartment, which is very ferret proof which is what really
started to get me worried.  With so few places to hide, and me looking in
all the usual and unusual places, I started to think the only place left was
outside the apartment!

This of course scared me because I live close to a fairly busy street.  Well
to make this long story short, a friend across the street asked me if I was
missing something.  Luckily, they had found Hobbes earlier in that morning
when he wondered in to their back door.  Needless to say I was very
relieved!

I was trying to figure out how Hobbes escaped and realized that he must have
run out the door when I put my bike outside to go to school.  All it took
was 5 seconds- and he was gone!  I thank God that he guided Hobbes across
the street to our neighbor without getting hit by a car, and for giving me a
second chance with my little baby.

PLEASE be careful with your little fuzzies!!!  I have learned a valuable
lesson today, one that I will never forget!  Many people have lost fuzzies
when they escaped through a dryer vent or some other opening, but the one
biggest opening is your own front door!!  If you let your fuzzies run loose,
watch it every time you open that door!  I should have known better because
Hobbes always would run to the door when ever it opened.  This time he had
been in the bathroom when I put out my bike, but oh how he can move!!  From
bathroom to door and outside in less than 5 seconds.

Well that's all for now, thanks again to all how have helped me before.  I
hope this helps prevent some other fuzzie from getting lost.  I'm going to
go watch mine sleep now - he has had a busy day!

dooks to all
Brad, Kelly & Hobbes (world traveler)