From:
Kimberly Norfleet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:08:46 -0600
To everyone else who emailed about adopting the ferret in Tampa.  I also
emailed.  I did get a response from a real person and then from the
gentleman who ended up getting her.  My question is this.  Why did he end
up with her?What made him so special?  My sister was willing to go to Tampa
from Fort Lauderdale to get her.  If that is not love, then I don't know
what is.  Oh, well this is life.  I do have one thing to say to him.  Let
someone who really wanted her have her.  What makes him think you are the
only ferret lover in the United States.  I have one Ferret and he is my
pride and joy.  So, get over it and let a person who wants her have her.
If we didn't love our little fuzzies we wouldn't be on this web site, now
whould we.

Now, I live in Texas and I called the local shelter here and asked them
about ferrets.  The gentleman on the phone told me that he tells persons to
bring them to the pet store in town.  I asked him what he did if someone
left one with them.  He then went on to tell me that they are put to sleep
as soon as they are handed over because he said they don't have the
facility for them.  I asked him if he realized that they eat cat food and
use the litter box like a cat and he told me no and that he really didn't
care.  It scared me to think that ferrets are being put to sleep in my
area.  Any one have any suggestions?