Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:59:51 -0400
[Moderator's note: Note name correction in a subsequent post. Russell's
wife was normally addressed as "Ann" rather than "Wanda". BIG]

I received a call from Russell's wife letting me know that Russell
passed away last Monday in Panama City, FL. (I have no other
information, Wanda seemed very shaken and didn't offer anything more,
and I didn't want to pry.)

Wanda said she knows that Russell was very active on the computer with
ferret people, but she never learned how to use the computer, so had
no way to let anyone know of his passing. She asked me to get the word
out to the ferret community of Russell's passing.

If you would like to send a card, you can send it to:
Wanda [Ann] Prater
608 North 9th Plaza
Panama City, FL 32404

(Wanda gave me permission to give this address out.)

I didn't really know Russell, Wanda told me she found my name and
number on a card with "ferret" on it, and that was how she was able
to get hold of me. She hoped that I would know the people to tell. I
have Wanda's phone number for anyone who might have been closer to
Russell who might want to call Wanda. (Renee--Wanda mentioned your
name specifically as someone Russell spoke about.)

Their last ferret passed away last year, so she has no ferrets in the
house that she will need help with.

Anne

(Feel free to forward this message on to others who knew him.)