From:
Anne Reinhard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1992 11:48:25 -0400
How about everyone just "cooling out" on the debate front, and get
back to talking about ferrets.

My horde of three, who are in a box at my feet here in my office
are wondering why I have no ferret anecdotes to relate to them lately.

The cast of characters here are:

Mama Stinky, 2 and 1/2 yr silver who is engaged in sleep research.
her son Rocky, maybe a silver mitt?, defintely the champion door and
cabinet opener. Generally, a wild and crazy guy.
And Rocky's little sister Carmella, a chocolate with a stub tail and
no conscience.
These guys go upstate with me on weekends, which is why they are all
here in the office.  But I frequently bring one to work with me
during the week. It's usually Carmella ... who has become a model
traveller.  She hangs out or sleeps on my lap during the bus ride and
stays in my purse as we approach either the office or apt., at which
time she gets very excited.  I don't know if it's because she senses
the "end of the journey" or recognizes a familiar area, but she becomes
a little monster.
Carmella still chomps on strangers at 1 and 1/2 yrs old ...much more
so than either her brother or mother, even though she gets out more.
I was hoping she'd grow out of it, her mother was a terror when I
got her at 6 mos old.  But Mama Stink has pretty much cleaned up
her act.
Question for anyone ... has anyone had a ferret who chomped up until
the age of say 2 or 3 years ... then became an "angel"?