From:
Shelly Holifield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1993 14:55:00 -0400
Sorry for such a late post, but i've been having problems with my e-mail.
On Monday morning (10-11-93) I found a ferret on the side of the road
near the intersection of Firstfield Road and Rt. 124 in Gaithersburg,
Maryland.  He's in great health, considering the temperature the last
few nights.  I took him straight to the vet and got his vaccines.  The
only problem he really had was the fleas and ticks.  Anyone heard of
lyme disease in ferrets??  I know I have to worry about it with my dog,
horses, and myself.  I figured these guys were just as vulnerable.
    I'd really like to find *the* owner, or an acceptable owner.  He's
really sweet, fairly young, and like I said, in great health.  I've
posted my name and phone number everywhere and have only had one reply
so far (she lives a little far away - Mass.)  I'd keep him in an instant
but I already have five!  And if there is anyone out there who has just
lost a ferret or needs a companion ferret for themself or their ferret,
he'd be much better off that way.  Anyone interrested will be interviewed.
And i'm asking for enough money to cover his vet bill.  For further
information or any information, please contact me:
    Shelly Holifield (301) 869-1774 (home)
                     (301) 227-1989 (work)

Thank you so much.  It really infuriates me to think that most likely
he's just been dumped.  Just last week, four ferrets were found and
turned in to animal control here in G'burg.  This town's not that big!
I wish people would look into these things before acting so quick to
buy them.  Two of the three I just adopted were abandoned by their owners.

So sad.  Lucky for them there's people like us that love the little
critters to death.  This is such a great group of people.  Keep up the
great work Mr. Moderator!! (and thank you for a great service!)

Hugs.
Shelly [me]
Jay    [*very* understanding fiance :) ]

Rascal ["first born"]
Felix  [Rascal's only acceptable ferret]

Rocky, Bulwinkle, Chatters [recent adoptees]

Casper [??]
-------