From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:47:39 -0700
Please pardon my delayed posting on this topic, but I am behind on my
email.  This is in regards to the Bright Eyes and Bushy Tails discussion.
I, too, feel bad for the poor ferret that was lost due to unfortunate
circumstances.

Here is how I have gotten around having to deal with that type of sad turn
of events.  I have agreed with my vet to accept financial responsibility in
the event a ferret parent has been unable to pay at the time of servises
for a 'life and death' surgery.  Amazingly enough, I have never had to
step in and produce payment, the owner following through with payment.

This gives the vet the assurance that they will receive payment for
services for the ferret that is in desperate need of surgery, and gives
the owner a chance to make things right.

If 'you' are not willing to take a chance on the fuzzy's mom or dad, to
save that ferret, why should the vet/hospital?

Call your vet, and offer to co-guarantee payment in the event a ferret
comes in that is in critical condition, and the family is in need of
extended credit.  If you are not willing to take a chance on them, why
should the vet.  You should have an understanding with your vet just how
much debt you are willing to guarantee.  Maybe the cost of a blockage
surgery, since it truly is a life threatening surgery.

If you cannot afford to 'be out of the $400.00' don't fault anyone else
if they can't.  Solutions are out there.  I've done it-it works.

[JY]