From:
Charles M Voelkel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 2 May 1994 17:43:32 -0400
  We recently acquired a ferret (Shinde) a couple of months ago from
a pet store.  The vet set her age at about 16 months and she's been
descented and spayed.  The problem is that the last couple of times
that we've given her a bath she gets really agitated afterwards.  She
jumps around, rubs herself on the ground, and licks her hindquaters.  She
really looks to be in distress (her tail puffs out too).  This usually
goes on until she's completely dry.
  We're using the shampoo that we got in the ferret kit (which probably
isn't a very good shampoo).  Also, we've given her a number of baths
before, and she's never been this agitated afterwards.  Can someone tell
me what's bothering her?  Also, can someone give me the name of a better
shampoo.
      Thanks,
       Charles Voelkel and Jennifer Carlisle