Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 03:41:03 -0700
Well I got an oddly rude email from the person who said that one
shouldn't use small animal bedding pellets for ferrets because they're
"sticky" and have pine resin in them. I asked her to link me to what
product she was talking about, but she refused.

There is NO DIFFERENCE between these products and the wood stove
pellets you can buy at farm/feed stores, home stores, and grocery
stores during cooler months other than the PRICE. Wood stove pellets
only cost about $4-$6 for FORTY POUNDS (which amounts to $.10 to $.15
a pound) and are by far the best thing to use for both cat and ferret
litter that I have come across. The no-kill cat shelter I volunteer
with also uses them exclusively for litter.

But I DO agree that you shouldn't buy these wood pellet products sold
at pet stores as "small animal bedding" - because they're a HUGE
ripoff. It's just wood stove pellets with an animal's face on the bag
and a jacked up price. But if you live in a warmer area or an urban
area without farm/feed stores - PERFECTLY SAFE to use for ferrets as
again, they are the SAME THING as the wood stove pellets so many of
us have used for years for our ferrets - for about 6 to 10 times the
price!

Gentle Touch Aspen Pellet Pet Bedding
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/bedding/moss-coco-and-other-substrates/-/gentle-touch-aspen-pellet-pet-bedding-45-pound/

Kaytee Wood Pellet Bedding .
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753574

Small animal bedding
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/335087485/small_animals_bedding_pellet.html

So wood SHAVINGS, no. Wood PELLETS - perfectly safe despite one bad
review from someone who clearly bought something other than what we
are talking about.