From:
Melissa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:26:39 -0500
At least for one petstore I visit, the reverse of what some people are
saying is true.  They get a 'variety' shipment of ferrets, and I was
poking a silver mit girl.  "Gosh" I say, "She's probably gonna be the
first one to go."  One of the petstore ferret folks (probably the best
place I've ever SEEN for caring for ferrets in a petstore) said, "No, not
at all.  She'll probably be one of the last.  People here seem to prefer
'ferret' looking ferrets.  Now, the albinos, we have to mark down because
they always go last.  People hate the eyes."

So, at least there, it's sables, fancy browns, fancy silvers and badgers
and blazes, DEWS, then albinos.  The paler the ferret, the slower it
goes.  Why DON'T people like albinos?  I think they're cute!

Melissa Smith
http://www.cafepress.com/ferrettoons/