From:
Kimberly Sharp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:47:30 -0400
Hello all!!  I'd like to send another thank you out to everyone that helped
me both financially and emotionally with the fire!  You all really helped
me to pull through this! :-)

Unfortunately I need to ask for some more help!  I just found out today
that the local petstore is planning to turn all of the returned ferrets my
way since I failed to inform them of the fire.  They apparently just got a
large shipment of kits in for the incoming college students.  Over the next
few months students are going to get caught with the ferrets in dorms or
decide that they can't keep them and try to return them to the petstore.  I
know, you've all heard this story hundreds of times before! :-)  Since the
petstore obviously won't take the ferrets back, they have planned to direct
them towards me.  This would be fine and dandy if I had the cages to keep
the ferrets in!  I'm not asking for anyone to buy me any cages since I plan
on doing that over the next few paychecks as I am able.  But I am wondering
if anyone has any extra cages to donate to me?  I could potentially drive
2-3 hours to pick a cage up if anyone has anything available!  I was
planning on shutting the shelter down but after finding this out, there's
no way I can shut down.  I couldn't stand the thought of those poor ferts
being passed from college student to college student!  Thanks in advance!!

Oh!  Althea, my little shelter shock girl, is finally doing better!  Her
poop has been consistently solid for the last few days, she has tons of
energy, and she's finally gaining weight!  Kim, a good friend of mine, made
some Chicken Gravy for Althea.  Hopefully this will help her put on some
more weight!  A friend of Kim's is also thinking about adopting Althea,
so keep your fingers and tails crossed for her!  :-)

Dooks and Kisses,

Kim Sharp
NRV Exotic Animal Rescue/Shelter
http://www.geocities.com/nrvexotics/

Help raise money for the shelter through Igive.com!
http://www.igive.com/html/refer.cfm?memberID=168575&causeID=12842