From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:18:39 -0800
>Needless to say the test results came back friday.  I just about died !  4
>of the 9 tested positive.  I've made arangements for ALL of my breeders to
>get fixed.
>
>We at Dawning Sky Ferrets will no longer be breeding ferrets at all,
>Please be patient with me as it will take some time to switch over the
>web site to include all our new information.<

Thank you Tricia!  I admire you for this and I hope NOBODY has the nerve
to fault you for any of it and I also hope nobody has the nerve to bash
Judy Moon either.  I truly believe that anyone who loves ferrets would not
continue breeding, knowing that they are continuing the spread of disease.
I just think more education needs to be done.  Two of my ferrets came from
Judy and one from Spokane.  I plan to test all of mine next month at the
vet.  I hope I haven't unknowingly brought this into my home.  Either way,
there isn't much I can do if my ferrets are infected except continue to
provide them love and compassion.  Anyway, thank you for your post and
don't beat yourself up or wonder "what if?" There is nothing you could do
to prevent this.

OUCH!  Apparently, BIG is angry with me because I posted that he would not
allow my post through.  I did specify that the previous post would be my
last on the topic, then I saw a very nasty accusation made about me being
jealous of the other party (where was the moderation on that one?).  That
is the only reason I posted and I thought it was quite funny!  Guess BIG
did not find it so.  Oh well.  He wins, I am gone.  I am a little
irritated anyway that he was involved in making some snide remarks about
me at the symposium (yes, people "talk").  I am glad that he had the
chance to meet me and see that I am not this "evil" person he and Judy
Cooke have thought me to be.  I know my posts are often controversial and
I have explained NUMEROUS times what I am trying to accomplish with my
posts.  I see a mob mentality within newsgroups and mailing lists and
see that plenty of times people just don't think for themselves (become
followers of "popular" opinons).  If that makes me a "rebel" or "evil" or
"is Danielle being nice?" so be it.  I am intelligent and kind and I care
deeply about ferrets.  I also care about PEOPLE and will not allow someone
to deny statements they make at a symposium, conference or the like, that
slander and humiliate another person unfairly.  Anything that prohibits
ferrets from being adopted or helped at a shelter, is a thorn in this
community's side.  ANYONE!  The only thing I can be thankful for is that I
now know of Carole's shelter and now I can help her shelter with donations
and/or soliciting donations from other benefactors I know.  Thank you for
that.

I will continue to educate people and do right by ferrets.  I don't need
the FML to accomplish these goals.  I will be in lurking mode permanently
but will still help people with questions via private exchange.  In
addition, I have a couple of articles coming out that will hopefully be
of interest to the ferret community.  At least one will be of interest to
Californians.

Thank you again to Linda Iroff and others I enjoyed meeting for making the
symposium so special for me and my husband.  See you in 2004.

[Moderator's note: Sigh.  Nope -- I have no problem at all with anyone
writing to the FML saying his or her post was rejected.  (As long as the
facts are correct.)

Re being involved about making snyde facts about you at the symposium:
I don't recall talking about you at the symposium at all, and I can't
imagine making a derogatory statement about you even if I would have
talked about you.  Please explain when these remarks took place?  BIG]