Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:05:31 -0800
I have asked about a 4 year old ferret we have who has been
experiencing one some times two aggressive attacks on another ferret
per day. Most days not every single day but most of them. I had asked
if this could be early Adrenal disease.

Some more history a couple months ago he had loose runny stools, not
every time but several and some of them smelled pretty bad, something
I had never smelled before, so I can't describe it. At that time we
took him to our vet and he examined a sample and found all one type
of bacteria (spore forming) and not several different types. We have
not had it analyzed beyond him looking at it. He did have two 10 day
courses of Clavamox. The stool is a lot better but got worse and seems
to be mostly better. We are wondering if one of the treats we give was
causing it because we have stopped giving it out and they stools got
better after a few days.

Today I thought he looked thinner than normal so we weighed him,
unfortunately we have been lax on weighing our fuzzies so our data is
a bit old. As I remember a couple months ago he weighed 2 lbs 5 ounces
and today he weighed 1 lbs 13 and 1/2 ounces. That is a 7 and 1/2 ounce
loss in a couple months. This is the lightest he has ever weighed and
since we go him over two and a half years ago.

He eats and plays normally or maybe a little less active than he used
to but that is similar to what our other fuzzies are doing. He did war
dance my wife a couple days ago. His hair is soft and full, he looks
alert and sweet as always.

In light of his weight loss fear is taking over and I'm thinking what
could be going on. Can simple (non cancerous) adrenal disease cause
his weight loss? Could this be Adrenal Cancer? Could it be Lymphoma?
I really doubt its normal weight change from winter to summer.

We will be going to our vet tomorrow but I would like any information
I can get.

Thank you

Mike