From:
David Pasquino/Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 21:50:02 EST
Just thought I'd pass this information along to the rest of you - I was
certain some of you out there might be interested. I think I may have to get
a pamphlet from somewhere else and investigate these six holed balls. Would
little toes get squished easily if they hung out of the ball as it's rolling
around?? Just wondered ...

Just bouncy bouncin' along /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ George, Gushi, Nik, Buster &
                                                         Geisha too!!
D. Pasquino/G. Peters
Toronto, Ontario
*** Forwarding notes....
Subject: FERRET SPHERES

    Hi fellow fuzzie owner!  We just ordered one of those ferret spheres
from a place in Roanoke Virginia called " FERRET STUFF" We haven't recieved
it yet, but will e-mail you with the results.  We were wondering if you
could give us the address of the place you were thinking of buying it from
as we are ferret "junk" junkies and are always looking for new mail order
places.

                                 Thanx
Cathy and Don Ruetten

If you are talking about the same balls I think you are, DO NOT get them.
These balls are nicknamed "the death ball".  If they only have one hole, the
ferret goes inside, rolls around for awhile until the ball stops with the
hole on the bottom.  If the ball is against something, the ferret may not be
able to roll it back over again and thus suffocates.  I have read atleast
one article where this actually happened.  On the other hand, other
companies make similar balls, but with 6 holes.  Our local pet store sells
them.  So please get the ball with more than one hole.  I can't find my
catalogs now, but I think the one from Marshalls had the 6 holed ball in it.
Check the fml for the address.  If you have a problem locating them, let me
know and I'll get an address for you.

David Ravegum