From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 16:23:23 +0000
>From:    Larry & Jana Updike <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: adrenal advice please
>
>If someone who has been through adrenal disease could please write me, i'd
>really appreciate it.  I'm afraid we have some tough decisions to make and
>I would feel much better hearing about the disease from someone who has
>dealt with it first hand.

Hi there!  I'll be happy to send information to you about a mailing list -
Ferret Adrenal/Insulinoma Mailing List (FAIML) - I moderate that is a
forum for discussing adrenal and insulinoma diseases.  There are about 325
subscribers and the atmosphere is warm and supportive, a good place to get
information and good wishes for sick fur kids and their carekeepers.

I began the list with just a handful of folks because I had a fur kid with
adrenal disease and calls to about ten local vets showed me that some who
saw ferrets didn't know squat about adrenal disease (thought is was like
Cushing's disease - I knew there were significant differences! - in dogs
and wanted to try and diagnose and treat it as such).  Even the
ferret-experienced vets I spoke with at that time had only done a handful
or so of adrenal surgeries.  Anyway, I felt alone, scared, and worried for
my fur kid, so started the list :)

If you want more info about the list write me at <[log in to unmask]>.
To subscribe write to the same address and mention you'l like to subscribe;
also include your full name.  You can send along an introductory post then,
if you'd like then, with questions, too.

The best of luck to you and your fur baby!

Lynn Mc. and the Six Sweet Slinkers