Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:23:00 -0500
Dear Ferret Lover,

MaFF's shelter has been very busy this year and, yes, we are still
full.

Our latest Special Needs addition is Sierra, a two-year old ferret,
who suffered a spinal injury about 4 weeks ago, leaving her lower body
paralyzed. She is currently in the care of our shelter director, who is
giving Sierra much love and attention as she adjusts to her restricted
mobility.

Would you like to celebrate Sierra's first Christmas with us along with
the rest of the shelter ferrets?

If your answer is "Yes", we are asking you to help us decorate Sierra's
Special Christmas Tree with a personalized holiday ornament, honoring
your ferret(s) or other companion pets.

For a $10 donation, your personalized holiday ornament will be added
to Sierra's Special Christmas Tree, with a tree lighting ceremony to
be held at the Ferret Giving Tree Party on December 1st at Joanne and
Alan's home in Attleboro (details listed on Events Page).

Donations for holiday ornaments will be used to continue providing for
the care of and medical expenses incurred by our shelter ferrets, as
they wait for a new loving home. Many of our shelter ferrets have
arrived at our shelter with a variety of sad stories. Sierra's being
the most heartbreaking to date. Our shelter operators dedicate many
hours to the care of each ferret, ensuring that they know they are in
a safe and loving place until their new family arrives.

Please go to [ http://tinyurl.com/2j4rdo ] [goes to maferrets.org site]
for more information and to order an ornament to be displayed on our
tree. If you would prefer to order by phone, call Phyllis Spy at
617-653-0094 or Diddy Wheeler at 781-224-1098. If you wish to have your
holiday ornament mailed to you after Christmas, please let us know when
you order. Any ornaments not mailed out to the donor will be used for
next year's special Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.

The sooner your donation arrives, the sooner we can begin to decorate
Sierra's tree in time for the lighting ceremony. And, we will be
displaying the lighted tree everyday until Christmas, so you have until
Christmas Eve to make your donation and to add your special ornament
to Sierra's tree for Christmas Day. As Sierra's tree continues to have
ornaments added, we will be posting pictures of it on the MaFF Forum
for all to enjoy.

All the Board Members and the Shelter Directors send you our deepest
thanks for your support and wish you and your pets the happiest of
holiday seasons.

Phyllis Spy
President