From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 07:25:36 -0700
Hello all!

Sad news to report from the criminals (ferts).  Sweet little Meisha passed
during the night.  She had gone to the Vet's to have an adrenal tumor
removed.  I called several times yesterday to see how she was doing, and
was told she was doing fine (if there had been any question, Dr. Speigel
would have taken her home with him last night to keep an eye on her).

Though, it is common for ferts to pass after adrenal surgeries, this was
still a shock.  In fact, when I called this morning I told the receptionist
I was calling to find out when I could pick her up to bring her home.

Meisha will be cremated and her ashes scattered under a tree at Abby Glen
(I don't want her buried alone) with other animals which have gone before
her.  Eventually, I will have her name added to the "Loving" plaque.

Meisha (a Marshal's fert) was born December 1995.  I adopted her from
Thomlinson's pet store on South Lamar in Austin, Texas late February 1996
(she was in a cage next to the bunnies and learned from the rabbits how to
hop).  She was adopted especially for my eldest furry daughter, Domi, who
really didn't like being an only child.

Once Meisha (who was named for a beloved cat of a childhood friend), became
aquainted to her surroundings, she became Domi's terror.  As would a
typical younger sibling, she wanted to play constantly and would never
leave Domi to rest.  Things soon evened themselves out.

Meisha was my bed buddy.  She was the only fert who would sleep curled up
next to me.  And she was always so tiny.  At her heaviest, she weighed
1.5 lbs.

I have so many wonderful memories of my sweet baby.  Sitting here thinking
of those memories brings me peace and happiness.  Even though, I am sadded
at her loss, I feel truely blessed at having her in my life.  She will
always be my tiny, sweet, delicate baby girl.

Thank you for allowing me to share.  I am now off to hug my six other
children.

Lise and the seven, but now six, fun loving criminals.