From:
Margaret Marie Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:41:03 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I would to like to again thank everyone who has sent their support and
suggestions.  It really helps.  This is a hard medium to get to know people
in but it is nice to think my goodness does come across.

Let me update.  I don't personally have any of the email in question.  I
have a general idea what the email is about.  Since some or all of the
statements in it are attributed to me, the person who has recieved it has
not given it to me.  It is my understanding that the statements and
allegations in these emails are slanderous and maliscious.  I would like
anyone who has recieved this email to know that I have absolutely nothing to
do with it, I have not consented to it and it is a body of gossip and lies.
It greatly upsets me that anyone would use my name or infer that I have
anything to do with something that is purposely hurtful or damaging to
anyone.  It has cost me a friend and my peace of mind.  It has also taken a
great toll on my ability to trust.

Also for the record: other than giving them web space, I am no longer
involved in any fashion with the Houston Area Ferret Association.  Since my
move it has been solely run by the new president and she has done a
wonderful job.  If anyone thinks badly of me, please do not transfer that
feeling over to the club.  It is doing good work and I won't have it
affected by what someone is trying to do to me.

I want to thank you for listening to this.  It is the only thing I can do
about the situation at the moment.  I am hoping for a quick resolution.  I
will gladly answer questions sent to me, but I am going to cut back on my
sending of email for now.  This is all very troubling to me.

Maggie Mae and her gang