From:
"Peta ,Mark & Max" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:33:28 -0000
Hey that was great,,,,

>From:    Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Skunks and Death Adder
>
>Re skunks...I've found a skunk person within driving distance, so when
>the co-worker catches the little ones, can take them to her for release
>in a safer place (Like one where they WON'T get shot for visiting!!!)
>They're the Spotted Skunks from her description, and I guess fairly
>rare out here in Washington State...like I know so much...not!...

Good to know the skunks will be cared for , so many times I see the
results of wildlife verse auto and it's never pretty.

Wildlife needs protection, we need to keep these vistors happy, but not
let them get too friendly with humans.  We have a visiting opossum , big
male, at first he would hiss and try to make a break for it (he comes for
the cat food) but since they can't move fast (or choose not to move fast)
I walk up to about 15 ft away and just watch, now he is used to me and
ignores me , much like my wife when I make the mistake of speaking.  But
a bear, now that would keep me away , or at least watch from the safety
of a spot behind the curtains .

Well good to know that the skunks are getting to find a new home,
Death /adder