Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1993 11:23:28 -0400
 Just discovered this old issue in my mail (yeah, it's been awhile)
 and found a few things I wanted to respond to...

> Bobbie Daniel <[log in to unmask]> writes...
> { Subject: Vacuums with Weasels
> {
> { I worry that 2 1/2 yo Emmett will have a heart attack when I vacuum! His
> { happy almond-eyes turn round and fearful, he trembles and hides under his
> { mattress, shaking, until I'm through and he gets a cuddle and some ferretone
>
> Remember Vacuum Cleaners are bloody Loud!  The get a Rock-n-Roll Concert level
> rating as far as how loud they are.  Jet engines are on slightly louder.
> Ferrets are sensitive to loud sounds.  Vacuum Cleaners generate high
> frequencies right up where ferrets can hear the best.
> Our ferrets play KILL when ever we vacuum.  :)  And Vacuums have all of the
> really Neat-O rubber bumpers on them that one can sink ones teeth into.  :)

 Nothing funnier than watching Milo (silvermitt male) dragging the upright
 across the room by that rubber bumper after I've vacuumed.  :^)

> Check out the book "Ferrets in Your Home" published by TFH.  The Author is
> Dr. Wendy Winstead.  She also wrote "Ferrets."  A book that I considered to
> have some number of errors.  Apparently so did she, as she notes in her more
> recent book "Ferrets in Your Home."  I like the recent book much better than
> any other book I have read on the subject.

 Does anyone have the ISBN number?

 Christmas is coming, and my mother is always asking what to get me... :^)

 Thanks,

       (`----')       - CT
        O   O  \
        \    /  \                      Eagles may soar,
        |`@@,    \                     but ferrets don't
         `^^      \                    get sucked into jet
         _ |       \     _._           engines...