From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 21:22:48 -0500
Well I'm pretty excited - the Human Society Shelter here has an Explorer
Scout group that meets out there once a week with the Shelter Education
Coordinator.  They are a group interested in animal careers.  They
apparently asked for a presentation on Ferrets - and the Coordinator asked
me to do it (Gee is that because I'm the only name they have on file for
ferrets?:) So tomorrow night I'm going to stand up in front of this group
who are all probably smarter than me<G> and talk about ferrets.  I roughed
out a little Power Point presentation with notes and am now going through
the FAQ and filling in all the important details I forgot!

Thank all of you who ever contributed and to PAM especially for keeping it
up and readily accessible.

I also found a couple of web sites I'd never seen when searching for the
Order, Genus, Species stuff I couldn't really spell out authoritatively.
One site has some 1600 AD wood cuttings of ferrets - so cool!  Another is a
bibliography of all ferret related scientific articles (now where to find
the articles?)

I will probably take Giesela at least - maybe Boris but he is so scaredy cat
skittish I'm not sure, he needs a nail trimming though and I thougt I could
demonstrate.  Modern Ferret Magazine, Shelter newsletters, toys etc.  And of
course a copy of the FAQ to leave with them to lend to friends with ferrets.

Well - Wish me luck!
Mary, Boris and Giesela
P.S.  At any rate with all the info I've learned here there's no way I can
do worse than the local Zoo!