Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:42:43 -0400
Hi readers and friends,

We are staying ever so busy here at Ferret Wise.... there were
approximately 41 attendees at the rabies vaccination clinic... and as soon
as that was over the van was busily being packed for the trip to the MaFF
Spring Frolic in CHicopee, MA.

We hope those MA and western MA ferret friends will stop by for a chat!
A nice selection of the "Ferret Dance" wall quilts will arrive with the
shelter folks at this event as well as "Ariel & Duncan" the designer Teddy
and her ferret by Janet O'Brien of Zuzu Bears, which will be raffled off
at the September picnic!

The shelter folks received an older but well running a/c unit which was set
in the large shelter room on Friday evening.  As of Saturday afternoon, it
is running and with the help of a new standing floor fan -- it is keeping
the shelter tolerable in the afternoon heat-- the older gals have no clue
it is a hot day!  Lets hope it will persevere throughout the summer months!

We are getting good updates on recent adoptive and hospice placements-- we
are told Witty the starvation survivor is doing so well-- mindless of his
lymphoma that his hospice mom will be keeping a journal-- we hope to share
some of the wonderful thoughts and experiences with you later.

Also we have really found a hit in the shelter groups with the rice dig box
inspired by recent shelter visitor Linda Soule.  Linda worked with shelter
mom and the result was that dad cut holes, mom picked out the special dig
boxes and toys to bury and now everyone is taking turns digging away-
uncovering new toys as they bury the older treasures!  - even the old
geriatric ferts --including Bear is the biggest digger in the house!

These things are so great the shelter folks are going to put a dig box kit
together as a raffle prize at the September picnic event!  Well, time to
run -- you all have a great weekend.... The kids are calling-- it is
nearing afternoon treat time!

alicia
for the many faces of Ferret Wise
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

and visit:
Where Ferret Wise will receive an extra $2.00 just for you signing on!