From:
Steven Markowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 18:58:36 EST
Hi everyone -

Well, I'm in the process of convincing the local pet stores that keeping
ferrets in glass fish tanks in pine shavings with no litter box and no toys
or anything is not good for either the ferrets or the owners.

I know someone sent me a copy of the letter from Dr.  Bell a while ago but I
missplaced (ok, lost) it.  Also, any additional information, stats, whatever
usefull you could send would be appreciated.  Most of them have indicated
interest in this stuff and said that it might sway them to change the way
they keep their ferrets.  One almost threw me out (The ASPCA will be getting
a call about their dirty cages and overcrowding of the animals shortly).

Anyway, if you could send me anything I would appreciate it.  The more
official looking the better.  If you need my address to send stuff to me,
let me know and I'll send it to you.

Thanks

Steven  [log in to unmask]