From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 11:14:38 -0800
Hey gang, look what I received today from Mary, Gabriel's new mom...........

>Tonight after getting out of his "water therapy" he took 2-3 steps with
>BOTH feet under him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course he ended up falling to
>one side or the other after that but this is progress!!  He also went
>through the ferret tunnel a couple of times. He will stand up in his cage
>(on all four feet) to let me know its time to get up also, he mostly pulls
>him self up to do this but that shows that the pain is completely gone.
>
>He is also growing!  He has lots of muscle tone built back up over his rear
>legs, where he was previosly boney due to muscle atrophy.  His apetite is
>very (!!!!) good and still gives lots of kisses every day.  I still don't
>know if he will be "normal"... but he sure is making progress, and he is
>very happy to be alive!!!  He has brightened my days as well!!
>
>I don't see anymore major [medical] expenses in Gabe's future so hold on
>to your wallet.
>                   mary

Cool huh!!!!!  It even sounds like the funds that have been donated so far
for his care have completely covered his medical expenses!  Hopefully, no
future problems will develop for our little Gabriel, but Alicia and Mary
will keep us posted if something happens.  Any funds for Gabriel that are
not needed for him will go right into the "Gabriel Fund" for future rescue
kids with similar difficulties/injuries.

Mary's note sounds as if Gabriel is *very* happy in his new home, and his
condition is obviously improving.  You guys can pat yourselves on the backs
for saving this kid's life, and getting a fresh start for him!!  Without you
ALL, we couldn't have done it.

Thanks again from me, Alicia, Mary, and Gabriel!!!!!

Kisses to the fuzzies,
Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter