From:
Cheryl J Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 00:29:23 -0500
I noticed the post a few days ago about Anne McCaffrey and ferrets; I
thought it was so correct - it is like being impressed.  I've noticed she
uses the phrase ferret out a lot in her books.  Maybe she modeled dragons
after ferrets : - )  Anyway, in a book related to her : The Ship Avenged
by S.M. Stirling pg. 42 has a ferret reference.  An AI program as an
anthropomorphic ferret to break codes.  Plus the pooka (referred to as a
ferret several times) continued to appear in Generation X 26.  I'm waiting
for the pooka to rescue the lost team member and show many readers ferrets
are cool!  Cheryl.